"Every child deserves a home." --Harry Holt

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Thankful: Day 8

I love, love, love my extended family. I recently wrote THIS post about how wonderful it was to grow up with my many aunts, uncles and cousins (and of course my parents, grandparents and siblings). My family is still fresh in the grief process over my wonderful Grandmother, but do you know what? They are the rallying type. They are the comeback kids. It is hard to keep them down. They are ready to stand behind each other and lift each other up. We must count ourselves blessed in this time of confusion and mourning, because another one of our own NEEDS us to. I love these people. Salt of the earth.

If this wasn't the month of thankfulness, this post would have been all about how stupid cancer is... 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...