"Every child deserves a home." --Harry Holt

Monday, November 14, 2011

Gratitude: Day 14

It is no secret that I don't really LOVE living where I live. We have been here almost 6 years. For the first year, I spent the time outwardly resenting that I lived here. I found every excuse in the book to head 'home.' Many times, I cried when I had to head back here. I decided that I couldn't continue to make myself miserable to live here, because we just weren't going anywhere. I am and have always been thankful for my husband's job. It is what brought us here, and it is afforded us many, many opportunities. We have 2 vehicles, I went to graduate school, we own a house, we have no credit card debt, we were able to afford adoption expenses, we have been on a couple of vacations, our fridge is stocked, I could go on and on and on. 

There is nothing 'wrong' with where we live, but I would prefer to be closer to family and some of my dear friends. However, I'm incredibly grateful for my husband's job and all of the incredible friends we have made here. It has even come to the point where I would TERRIBLY miss some of the people here (if we ever moved, and it doesn't look like that will be happening to clarify), because they have taken me in and become my second family. You know who you are, and I'm grateful for you!!!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...