"Every child deserves a home." --Harry Holt

Monday, May 31, 2010

Love is Patient...

Ok, I am going to own it: That first part of 1 Corinthians 13:4 always gets me. Every time that scripture is read at a wedding, I cringe. No, not because I think it isn't true and not because it is such a common wedding scripture. I cringe because I always strike out right away...Love is patient...but boy do I struggle with that one! I regularly pray for patience and there are days when it seems to be effortless. Then, there are days were I don't know how much longer I can wait! With that said, we are still waiting to schedule our home study. I was resolved when the agency offices closed for the long weekend, knowing that no e-mails or calls would be coming. We were really productive this weekend too! We got many things cleaned out and packed up, and we enjoyed having time to spend together. Today, because I know the agency offices will be opening up again tomorrow, I am building with anxiety and hope.

I am looking forward to finishing up the school year on Thursday though. I already have a date scheduled with a girlfriend on Friday! Yay, shopping! Oh, and we get to shop for us and little baby girl clothes, because she is expecting a little girl in August. Yippee!!!!! 


A shout-out to TME! Thanks for the wonderful and uplifting card! xoxo -I will keep everyone posted if there is news in the coming week. Have a beautiful week!

1 comment:

Carin said...

I struggle with patience a lot too!!! The process of adoption is definitely a test of patience! I pray that God strengthens us both!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...