"Every child deserves a home." --Harry Holt

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Pieces of the Puzzle

There isn't much to update, but I am trying to get on here at least once a week. We have received many of the books about Ethiopia and adoption that we ordered, so more reading ensues. Good thing summer vacation is near so I can get engrossed in all of them! 

We have been packing a box here and there preparing for the move. Excited to get that taken care of! 

Also, this weekend we were able to put another piece of the puzzle in place. This journey feels much like an engaging puzzle, and we know that the finished picture will be beyond amazing and wonderful, because we will finally be able to embark on a new journey of parenthood. We suffered a setback a couple of weeks ago because we had to go back to square one of the background check saga by filling out paperwork for NoDak and MN. Hopefully, they don't take too long so that we can complete the home study as soon as we are in the new house. We cannot schedule the home study until we pay for it, and we thought they wouldn't send the bill until all of our background checks were back. Now, we know that the last piece of the home study puzzle will be the background checks because the money and the rest of the paperwork is in place. Whew...did you get all that?

I think one of the difficult things about this process is patience. Patience is really not one of my strengths. I think my other half is a little better at taking it day by day. I know this process is a marathon, not a sprint (but I hate running anyway:)-- I pray each day for strength and patience...we and our baby can always use prayers lifted up too! 

Back to summer vacation...If I could ask just one thing, it would be the opportunity to see as many of you as possible and spend some quality time. It will get me ready and energized for another busy school year. Love to you all!

1 comment:

Becky Nakashima Brooke said...

Let me know if any of the books are good:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...