"Every child deserves a home." --Harry Holt

Monday, May 17, 2010

Case of the Mondays?

Yes, I think I do have a case of the Mondays (living in crabbytown, population 1, Me)...but I only have 1 actual Monday of work until SUMMER VACATION!

Well, here is the rundown...

There was an oversight from our original application that has affected being able to schedule the last 2 visits of our home study. We are hoping it proves to be a minor thing. We have lived in Iowa for 4 1/2 years, and since it isn't 5 years, we have to have child abuse and neglect checks done in the previous states we have lived (ND for Kevin and ND and MN for Lindsey). We submitted our forms for the state of IA weeks ago (9). We have been told that these others could take anywhere from 1-6 weeks. Really hoping it is just 1! We can't schedule anything until they come back clean. Feeling hopeful that it will go quickly, but would always appreciate prayers and positive thoughts! Will keep you posted...
In the meantime, we are working on paperwork for the dossier fast and furious so that it is nearly complete by the time the home study is complete. 

We are s l o w l y packing up stuff around the condo. Kevin did a little cleaning out while I was in NoDak for the weekend. Don't worry--he didn't work too hard (he also went out to dinner with friends and golfing!) I had fun celebrating birthdays and the coming of Baby O in NoDak. So fun to see my fave girlfriends! Love you ladies!!!!

Still learning this blogger thing, but here are a few from the last few weeks...
CJV and my new boyfriend! Born 5/7/2010

 


The tissue poms I made for AMO's shower. Quiet you...I'm very proud...

 
Some of my favorite ladies...Can't wait to meet you Baby O! (This made me feel all "The Girls from Ames"--read it! That book solidified that these women will always be in my heart and life. Thanks for the recommendation CLC!)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...