"Every child deserves a home." --Harry Holt

Friday, May 28, 2010

Found this Interesting...

I read a blog written by a family who has biological children and 5 adopted children. 2 of those kiddos are from Guatemala, 1 from Ethiopia and 2 from the US Foster Care System. Can you say, amazing people?! I have struggled some with the question of, "Why don't you just adopt one of the children in need from the US foster system? They are in desperate need and the process is practically free." I don't have a clear-cut answer to that question. I just know that God has pulled our hearts to Ethiopia. We are not closed off to the foster care system. As a school counselor, you bet I know that there are kids in need. I work with and against the system every week, and maybe that's why I am not compelled to dive into it at this time. Again, I don't have a fabulous answer (sure wish I did), all I know is that I know with my whole heart that Ethiopia is where we are suppose to go. I don't know how I know, I just do... Without further ado, here is the post (she explains it much more eloquently than I): http://buildingtheblocks.blogspot.com/2010/05/normally-i-dont-do-this.html

Enjoy the long weekend!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Carin said...

Amy is one of my blog friends! I also read her post and thought it was great! We've also heard the why don't you adopt from the US question. I believe as Amy said that God puts on our hearts where to adopt from and all are our neighbors and in need!!

Becky Nakashima Brooke said...

Love it:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...