"Every child deserves a home." --Harry Holt

Friday, April 16, 2010

What A Day...

Well, I am too exhausted to do anything other than type this from our couch. It has been kind of a rough day/week. Like I've said, April was expected to be rough one, and we are only half way through!

We had 2 offers on the condo on Wednesday. 1 of them feel through due to lack of financing options, and the other fell through due to a divorce settlement getting in the way. We are still confused on the full complexity of that situation. So, we went from an extreme high thinking that we were almost certainly going to sell our home and rush into finding a new home for our growing family, to the low of being back in the limbo stage of not knowing exactly what the immediate future holds for us.

Along with the limbo theme, Kevin is not certain how his trip to India will pan out. Who knew a volcano exploding in Iceland would have such a profound effect on our immediate lives. He was suppose to fly into Amsterdam for a 1 night layover before continuing onto Mumbai. At this point, he is fairly certain that he will still get there, but he might have to go via China instead of Amsterdam. Could be an interesting weekend as all of those details get sorted out!

We were thinking we would be spending the weekend house hunting before he left, but instead we are back to cleaning the condo to a shine in preparation for an open house on Sunday. Let's pray someone bites! All of this craziness took place on a day where I worked a 14 hour day because I was in charge of "Middle School Fun Night." We had 276 kids out of 400 show up. I think they all had a blast, but I was left exhausted. Instead of breathing a sigh of relief when all was cleaned up at 9:40 tonight, I kept thinking to myself, "Self, how are you going to get everything done for Middle School Career Day in 2 weeks?" Thankfully, I have some great co-workers who will get me through to the end! Oh, and to top off the craziness of Fun Night, I got pulled over on my way home! Through my tears, I assured the very nice police officer that I did come to a complete stop at the sign. In the end, he believed me ;) and just gave me a verbal warning. Whew!

Poor Kevin, I came home to him in tears about how I couldn't do anything right, including drive home from work without getting pulled over! It was just one of those days, and he was sweet enough to remind me that we have so many things to be thankful for that I can't afford to let a few hiccups along the journey get me down. He is right. Shhhhh, don't tell him I said that. Seriously, though he is right. We are very fortunate. Again, not much to report on the adoption front at this point. Just trying to survive April and get so many of the other things in our lives in order so we can march on to our "Parenting in Process" class the first weekend in May. Definitely looking forward to that. It will be a great networking piece with other families in the adoption process, and we will finally be able to schedule our official homestudy! Woot!

Loves!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...