"Every child deserves a home." --Harry Holt

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Happy 10 Months, Cupcake!

Well, my darling Cupcake. The exciting thing is that this is the LAST EVER monthly update that I will write without being able to snuggle you immediately before and after! Seems like forever ago that we saw your sweet smile for the first time when you were just 4.5 months old, and here we are wishing you a Happy 10 months, and your daddy is bringing you home in ONE WEEK! 

Darling, Cupcake... please know that I would give all of my worldly possessions to be there with you right now. In the end, I truly realize that I wouldn't have made the long trip very successfully. I fought until the end though! In case you forgot, that pale (probably very nervous fellow) is your daddy. I hope you two enjoy snuggling and getting to know each other! When you get off of the plane, it's my turn...for like MONTHS, and then I might let your daddy have another turn ;).

We pray that you are feeling better each day and recovering from last week. I usually try not to wish away my days, but if I could super, fast forward this next week, I certainly would! 

One week and we will be a family in the same zip code (forever). I'm so sad for you to leave your amazing birth country and culture, but we promise to return with you (which isn't the same). I look forward to being your mommy, like a lot! We are going to have some fun times, and I won't throw too many tantrums if you won't, deal? 

I apologize to any readers (all 3 of you). I fear that this post seems disjointed, but frankly, I'm so tired it is hard for me to form thoughts. How is is that I'm exhausted, yet have difficulty falling asleep? Blah! Cautiously I say, I am feeling slightly better each day, and I have a ways to go, but for the first time I am convinced I'll get there. A few short days ago, I wasn't sure I was ever going to feel better! Thanks to all of you for the love, support, prayers, sweet messages, encouragement in all forms. It has ALL helped. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

2 comments:

Brittany R said...

I just wanted to let you know I have been following your posts, and you two are amazing I am so happy and you guys will make wonderful parents!

LBWV said...

Thank you for the kind words. I get so weepy when people say such kind and thoughtful things!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...