"Every child deserves a home." --Harry Holt

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Only Watch This if You WANT a Good Cry...

I'm not going to list ALL of my addictions, BUT reading the blogs of others is probably at the TOP of the list. Many times, I am able to feed my 2nd addiction, and that would be watching "Gotcha Day" videos that families put together while they are cocooning at home with the newest little blessing in the family. I have a couple of personal favorites, but the one I just watched had me choked up bawling my eyes out. The cry was both cathartic AND had me remarking, "Ugh, can they just CALL with OUR referral already?????" Yup, it will be 2 months of "official waiting" this Wednesday. We have moved up (unofficially) to #30! That is 8 spots in 8 weeks. Yay for 8 kids being matched with their forever families! If we have to wait another 30 weeks, well, let's just NOT go there, ok? 

We thank you for continued prayers for "Baby Vando" and his/her birth family. So often, I just find myself asking God to let my prayers stretch across the ocean and let them know His love and ours. 



4 comments:

Becky Nakashima Brooke said...

Wow!!!!! I was a little teary eyed but when he threw the basketball and came running to them I totally lost it! Beautiful video:) Do they have a blog?

SaraLyons said...

This was such a sweet one! I too have an addiction for "Gotcha Day" videos. Its what keeps me going:) Thanks for posting.

Unknown said...

OMG that was so touching! What a beautiful little boy and family. How neat for him to have 2 big brothers! It makes me so anxious...

Meg said...

love these videos...beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...