"Every child deserves a home." --Harry Holt

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Have You Ever Been to Chuck E Cheese?!?!

For the first time, I can answer "yes" to this question. I grew up in a small town, and there was no Chuck E Cheese. In fact, eating out once a month (on payday) was considered quite a treat when I was growing up. I fulfilled a childhood dream this Saturday, and I used my sweet, 6 year old niece as the excuse. I think after 3 hours of skee ball, laughing and having a grand old time, it became pretty clear I was having an even better time than my niece! It is possible that a couple of Kevin's cousins have picture evidence of me going buckwild...and those pics will never be shown if I get my way (smile). 

This blog is largely about our adoption journey and journey to grow our family. Something that I realized about children this weekend is the INCREDIBLE power that they have (especially over me). My nieces lifted my spirit in a way that I didn't even realize I needed! Clearly, I got to act like a kid at Chuck E Cheese, but we also did a little girly shopping, painted our nails with glow in the dark polish, slept in bunk beds and got to do some fun craft projects. LOVE! I consider my one-month-old niece to still be kicking butt and taking names. She is a gorgeous, head-turner that one! Like I said: spirit lifted!

In other news, we have a new "official" #...32!!!!! I posted before that I considered us unofficially #31...wouldn't be the first time I was accused of being poor with math skills. If I can get my act together, I think I will make the next post little blurbs of all of the adoption related books I've been reading (that will be a long post...there are a LOT of books, and I LOVE to read!)

Evidence of a craft project. The listed age was 3+...show me a 3 year old that can make the hate like that, and I will show you a craft genius...that stinker was HARD! :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...