"Every child deserves a home." --Harry Holt

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Referralversary!

 ONE YEAR AGO TODAY, we say Cupcake's face for the first time. Our lives were forever changed, and all of it for the better. We send a hug across the ocean to Ethiopia for a very special woman. It was one year ago today, that Cupcake had 2 mommies willing to do anything for her. There isn't a day that goes by that we don't think of Cupcake's first mommy. I can't believe it has already been a year since we saw THIS FACE for the first time: 


 ***Re-posted from 1 year ago***
We received our referral TODAY for our DAUGHTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just typing that seems so very surreal (and incredibly amazing). The entire time we have been in this process (11 months, 2 weeks and 2 days...not that I've been counting), I have been firm in saying that my "mother's intuition" tells me we will be adopting a boy. About 6 weeks ago, a friend (yes, Amy, that's you!) had a handsome little boy. For 9 months, I proclaimed he was a girl (until he arrived, of course). Well, that was the 5th gender prediction I had wrong in a row, so K decided that we weren't adopting a boy, but a girl. I was shocked to find out he was right! I'll never live it down.

I'll write more about her, but for now, she is 4.5 months old, she has beautiful eyes and the sweetest tufts of hair. I could just smooch her lips up... I can't wait to actually do that! She is so SMILEY! I hope she gets my sense of humor, and not her dad's (hi honey!)

We cannot share pictures of her online, but if you see me in person...I'll probably thrust them in your face, you won't have to ask to see them! We are off to celebrate being the parents of this amazing little miracle!

Have a great weekend all!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...