"Every child deserves a home." --Harry Holt

Friday, December 2, 2011

A Piece of The Puzzle

On November 5th, my aunt was diagnosed with Acute Promyelocytic Leukemia (APL), a rare and aggressive form of Leukemia. She has been in the hospital for treatment. It has been a rough journey. Each time she takes a step forward, it seems she takes 2 and sometimes 3 steps backwards. We remain hopeful that recovery is in her future, but that is out of our hands. I'm writing this blog post for a couple of reasons. Would you please pray for my aunt and her family. She has a loving, devoted husband, and 2 teenaged children. They pray to have many more years with their mother, and we pray for that too.

I am also starting a 'puzzle fundraiser' in her honor. She has not been to work this past month and it remains uncertain when she will be able to go back as she is still in the hospital fighting to beat this. I am personalizing the puzzle and will post a picture when I have it completed. Essentially, it will be a 500 piece jigsaw puzzle. To buy or sponsor a puzzle piece you can use the paypal button on the top, right to donate $10 per puzzle piece. We will write your name on the back of the piece(s) you sponsor. Once the puzzle is complete, we will frame the puzzle in a double-sided glass frame, so that both the puzzle picture and the names of the sponsors can be viewed.

Thank you in advance. If you are finding this blog as a result of my aunt's CaringBridge site, the paypal button is on the top, right... I know I already said that, but I figured it couldn't hurt to repeat it. Blessings!

1 comment:

SaraLyons said...

Prayers, prayers, and more prayers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...