"Every child deserves a home." --Harry Holt

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Cupcakes like Pumpkins

There were a handful of things that I pictured the Mister and I doing as parents. Getting up at odd hours of the night, and having mashed up, cooked carrots in our faces weren't exactly what I had in mind, but they have moments of parenting hilarity. I hadn't thought about this particular event for awhile, but was reminded this weekend. In 2008, K worked for a pretty fun and interesting department within his company. When someone asks me what K does for a living, I have a hard time explaining it, because frankly, I do not really understand what he does at work. I've been trying to figure it out for a good 6 years now. I digress. Anyway, the one thing I really enjoyed about K's work assignment in 2008 was the effort to involve spouses and families in their work community. An evening in October 2008 was spent at a nearby Pumpkin Patch. We watched pig races, went through the corn maze in the dark (which was creepy and took 2.5 hours), and enjoyed a nice dinner. I was reminded this evening of this ache I had on that October night in 2008. We had a fun night, but I kept thinking how I couldn't wait for us to enjoy those events with our kidlets. I'm pretty sure that every person hoping to be on the cusp of parenthood experiences those feelings at some point, in some way. 

All of that to say, we re-visited the very same pumpkin patch/farm this weekend WITH Cupcake. It was perfect. The weather was perfect, and so was the the afternoon just being a family. This weekend, one of my dreams came true, and I'm grateful. 

Ignore my head. Not so good at hiding, apparently...

Waiting for the piglet races. Kevin Bacon won. Cupcake started making this AWESOME piggy snort for the next 20 minutes. Can't get her to repeat it now, though...shucks...

Clearly, she wasn't a huge fan of the human scarecrow

Llama!!!!


This is the face she makes most often when she sees a camera. LOL

The Pumpkin Blaster was definitely K's highlight. Boys...

Family photo...too bad I'm eating my hair and Cupcake isn't looking...oh, well.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...