"Every child deserves a home." --Harry Holt

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Fungal Fighter

I need YOUR help. Yes, you. AHOPE is a place in Ethiopia that cares for children with HIV. I took this little blurb directly from AHOPE's website: "As we move towards our tenth anniversary, AHOPE for Children and AHOPE Ethiopia are at a cross in the road. When AHOPE started, we were fundamentally a hospice – where children would be cared for in the time before their death. But with the advances in HIV treatment, PEPFAR, and the increased sanitation measures in Ethiopia, our children are living and it is our responsibility to give them a future. We have adapted from our early hospice days into so much more."

AHOPE is currently caring for 205 children. Yesterday, they put out a call for help with a supply drive. These kiddos live in close quarters. They inevitably get things like cuts and scrapes. They share their toys, which means they share other things like colds and skin fungal infections. AHOPE for Children is in need of anti-fungal creams. It is my goal to collect 100 tubes of Tinactin or Lamisil for AHOPE. I need your help!

1 tube costs about $9.50. I already have 4 on their way from a couple of lovely women, so I only have 96 to go! Would you be able to help? You can leave a comment with your e-mail address. Let me know if you want to order some Lamisil or Tinactin on Amazon and have it shipped to me and I'll give you my address. You can use paypal and send me a few dollars and I'll purchase the tube on your behalf. You can mail me a check. You can pray that I can accomplish this, because I struggle with failure. I'm a bit of a control freak. I'll take any help I can get. If you can't afford a whole tube, but want to help, just donate $5. I can add that with someone else's $5 and purchase a tube that way. 

Seriously... these kids are worth it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...