"Every child deserves a home." --Harry Holt

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Birthday Cake Remix

I think I stole that title from Cold Stone Creamery... Yummmm.

Well, it is official, we have a 1 year old in the family! Aye has been home 8 weeks, so it felt a little odd to already be having a birthday party...because in my mind...our family is only 8 weeks old. It was a great excuse to introduce Cupcake to extended family members and friends. We are still, 'cocooning' but admittedly, we have made some exceptions to this, and we feel that Cupcake has handled the times when we have broken the cocoon extremely well. She gives clear signals when she isn't ready or comfortable with something, and we work to honor that. We have about another 4 weeks to go, and then I am going to try out the gym daycare, and other craziness. :) 

Anyway, Cupcake has grown hair, she has gotten taller, and I would venture to guess that she has gained about 3lbs., we will get the official numbers at her well-check on Tuesday. She is happy, goofy, has learned how to give big, wet sloppy kisses (love), her leg strength has come A LONG way, she is now pulling up on furniture and just tonight was showing signs that she wants to start cruising furniture. We feel so blessed to call  her our daughter, and not a day goes by that we don't think about her first mother. She bestowed upon us a precious gift, we are forever honored. 

With that...let's see some bday pics! It was, of course, a CUPCAKE themed party. I apologize for the zillion pictures. Trust me, I didn't even post 1/4 of them. I just knew my family members would want to see these particular ones!

Our attempt to get a 1yo pic...

Dressed and ready to party!!

This is my Nana. She makes my mom put the phone on speaker every day so I can learn her voice...

This is my Uncle T. He came to Ethiopia to help my daddy get me to the USA. He is wearing his Ethiopian shirt... I loved seeing him!

This is my Grampa. I have the cutest yawn in the world...

Auntie K! I stick my tongue out all.the.time.

I played a little, get the ring on the cupcake candle, and my cousins helped me cheat...love them!

I got to meet H in person. Our mommies wouldn't mind if we got married (after college with good jobs:). H didn't want my mommy to hold both of us...

Daddy helped me open all of my presents. I just wanted to play with the toys, but didn't get to until after my nap. Sigh...

There were cupcakes, of course! Thanks Auntie A for bringing them. They were yummy!!!!

I don't know what a smash cake is, but I'm not too keen on the idea.

Well, it looks like my cousins aren't going to let me get away with not checking it out, so I'll just stick one finger in...

Oh, okay... I'm supposed to eat it...

It's pretty tasty, and a little sticky...

Yum, I'm trying to see if the 30 people standing around watching want to try some. I'm good at sharing like that.

No, you guys don't want any? Okay, more for me, I guess!

These people next to me are kinda crazy, but they sure know how to throw a fun party! They've never let me get all sugared up before!

I cannot believe I'm getting away with this...

For real, I'm going to eat the whole thing...

If Uncle T tells me to keep at it, I'm going to listen...I trust that guy. People call him Dr.

Seriously, this cake is delish!

Mommy, how do you laugh and cry at the same time like that?

Most.Fun.Ever.

Can we do this every Saturday???


That's my other Auntie K. We call her the baby whisperer. I'm freshly washed from the cake. The bath tub looked like a bad crime scene though...so did the high chair...and the kitchen floor.

I love me some auntie lovin...

That's my British Uncle S...

I had cake smashed to the BACK of my dress. I'm still sneezing frosting out of my nose (seriously)...Pink frosting...

This stuff is soaking in the washing machine...along with my favorite blankie that I puked all over a few hours later. My tummy hasn't been 'right' since the cake, but I haven't fussed a bit!
Thanks for all the birthday love, everyone! We felt blessed to mark this occassion as a family, and are looking forward to many more. We couldn't have come so far without all of the love and support that we treasured pre-adoption, during-adoption and now post-adoption. We are blessed.

1 comment:

SaraLyons said...

Such love. Happy Birthday, little one:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...