"Every child deserves a home." --Harry Holt

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

sTuCk

We are feeling a little stuck in adoption Never Never Land these days. So, I took some of my own 'advice.' (Counselors don't give advice ya know, but I never was a very good rule-follower)...

When I have a student that relates to music (and most kids/people do), I have them pick 2 songs. One song is meant to help them connect to the emotion, and the other is to help connect to a more positive emotion. Does it work for them? I dunno... but it works for me (the true research-base for a technique)...

So, here is my song for feeling sTuCk in adoption Never Never Land:



and, here is my uplifting song...I love Dory!!!!!

 

3 comments:

SaraLyons said...

I've been frustrated that we have been sitting at #48 for some time with no movement in sight. And then I see how selfish I am when you are so close to getting your referral and how frustrated you must be waiting. Thanks for putting things back into perspective for me. My fingers are crossed for you that you will hear something in the next coming weeks.

LBWV said...

Sara, I would have been feeling this way if we were stuck at #48 too. I think you are totally justified. I'm praying for us all to make big jumps next week!!!!!!

Becky Nakashima Brooke said...

I love your system:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...